MIT Center for Real Estate (CRE) has partnered with organizations in every sector of the global real estate industry. The goal of our partnerships is to benefit our students, faculty, researchers, and the partners themselves through positive collaboration that serves the industry as a whole.
Our partners share a common commitment to improving the built environment. While they help us advance academic research into real-world applications, they, in turn, gain special access to the Center’s intellectual capital and global network.
Benefits of Partnership
Partnering with CRE is a mutually beneficial investment. Learn more about the number of invaluable benefits that come with being one of our partners.
Throughout the year, the Center produces numerous conferences, seminars, and courses that link industry practitioners with our students and networks. Partners receive discounts on courses and conferences, allowing individual employees to expand their knowledge base and later disseminate this newly acquired knowledge throughout your firm.
Additionally, benefit from the Center’s growing network of over 1200 graduates and partnerships in 26 real estate markets worldwide.
Be part of our knowledge share and access CRE’s full library of courses and events, including:
Our students are rigorously qualified and exceptionally dedicated. As young entrepreneurial real estate professionals, they will contribute to your enterprise’s success from day one.
- Priority access to the Center’s graduate students
- Advance copies of student profiles and resumes
- Internship or Externship candidates
- Priority participation in recruiting events
- Assistance in matching students’ skills to partners’
Many partners end up saving time and recruitment fees by hiring our students immediately upon graduation — an added benefit to establishing early relationships with future industry leaders.
The Center’s worldwide reach online is always expanding, monthly webpage views exceed 20,000, with over 7,500 newsletter subscribers and 6,000+ followers across multiple digital channels.
- Partner branding on the CRE website
- Editorial recognition in our monthly newsletter upon joining
- Acknowledgments at CRE events
- Ability to use CRE partnership for company marketing in accordance with MIT’s guidelines on use of names
Gain access to the Center’s innovative, interdisciplinary, industry-relevant research products and data on how real estate is impacted by a variety of topics including climate and technology.
You may also receive priority collaborative access to students in the form of mentorship, sponsoring student theses, and working with students on their research. By collaborating with students to define the focus of their research and explore real-world problems, partners benefit from student research projects relevant to their firms.
The Center’s innovative research is changing the nature of real estate. By playing meaningful roles in the research process, partners can become shareholders in the market trends of the future.
Industry Partners seeking this in-depth engagement with research can become Members of specific CRE research labs and receive all the above benefits and additionally:
- The Center will facilitate 1-2 seminars/webinars/executive briefings offered to lab members on a pre-chosen topic of mutual interest
- Network with other members of your chosen lab via the annual Member-Connect event
- Gain early access to knowledge exchange, based on academic activities and publications (papers and white papers), with corresponding faculty, students and staff, on new advances in and applications of the lab research area
- Meet with lab researchers to discuss mutual areas of interest and identify further opportunities for engagement (e.g., webinars, workshops, conferences, sponsored research, etc
- Labs include:
- Urban Economics Lab
- Sustainable Urbanization Lab
- Transforming Cities Lab
- Climate and Real Estate Multi-PI Research Cluster
- Real Estate Transformation Lab