MIT Center for Real Estate (CRE) has partnered with organizations in every sector of the global real estate industry. The goal of our partnerships is to benefit our students, faculty, researchers, and the partners themselves through positive collaboration that serves the industry as a whole.
Our partners share a common commitment to improving the built environment. While they help us advance academic research into real-world applications, they, in turn, gain special access to the Center’s intellectual capital and global network.
Benefits of Partnership
Partnering with CRE is a mutually beneficial investment. Learn more about the number of invaluable benefits that come with being one of our partners.
Throughout the year, the Center produces numerous conferences, seminars, and courses that link industry practitioners with our students and networks. Partners receive discounts on courses and conferences, allowing individual employees to expand their knowledge base and later disseminate this newly acquired knowledge throughout your firm.
Gain access to the Center’s innovative, interdisciplinary, industry-relevant research products and data on how real estate is impacted by a variety of topics including climate and technology.
You may also receive priority collaborative access to students in the form of mentorship, sponsoring student theses, and working with students on their research. By collaborating with students to define the focus of their research and explore real-world problems, partners benefit from student research projects relevant to their firms.
Our students are rigorously qualified and exceptionally dedicated. As young entrepreneurial real estate professionals, they will contribute to your enterprise’s success from day one.
- Priority access to the Center’s graduate students
- Advance copies of student profiles and resumes
- Internship or Externship candidates
- Priority participation in recruiting events
- Assistance in matching students’ skills to partners’
Many partners end up saving time and recruitment fees by hiring our students immediately upon graduation — an added benefit to establishing early relationships with future industry leaders.
Benefit from the Center’s growing network of roughly 1200 graduates and partnerships in approximately 26 real estate markets worldwide.
International networking benefits include:
- Introductions and connections initiated by the Center
- World Real Estate Forum passes
- Partner Network-specific events
The Center’s worldwide reach online is large and expanding, we have 7500+ newsletter subscribers and 4000+ followers across multiple digital channels.
- Partner branding on the MIT/CRE website
- Editorial recognition in our monthly newsletter upon joining
- Various acknowledgments at MIT/CRE events
- Ability to use MIT/CRE partnership for company marketing in accordance with MIT’s guidelines on use of names
As a partner, there are numerous opportunities to help the MSRED curriculum evolve while honing your soft skills in presentation, consultation, and mentoring. You may be invited for presentations in our classes or serve as resources for student team projects for example.
The Center’s innovative research initiatives are changing the nature of real estate. By playing meaningful roles in these initiatives, partners can become shareholders in the market trends of the future.
Industry Partners seeking this in-depth engagement with research can become Members of specific CRE research initiatives and receive all the above benefits and additionally:
- Knowledge share and access to the library of faculty research, video from all conference sessions, and student theses on numerous topics
- Participation in the Center’s Leader-in-Residence program
- An invitation to the CRE’s “Industry Leadership Roundtable” (one leader per company), to advise, support, and grow CRE’s intellectual and research initiatives
- Specific Initiative’s benefits:
- Asia Real Estate Initiative
- Climate and Real Estate Initiative
- Real Estate Technology Initiative